Thursday, February 10, 2011

Graduating Status.


I was looking at online videos from UP Sikat today, and from our field work in Antipolo. I couldn't help but feel sentimental about all the stuff I've been through in the past four years here in my university, the University of the Philippines - Diliman. I was an ambitious seventeen year old guy from Iloilo when I first step foot here. Now here I am as a twenty year old young man who is of graduating status from this university.

I practically lived inside the university grounds in the past four years as I was a dormer. UP is more than a school to me, it is my home. There were times when the world would fall down on me and I would think to myself "Why did I even think about studying in this freakin' university?" There were also the happy times such as my field works and field trips outside Manila and laughing sessions with friends in the corridors of the university. There are also those weird "only in UP" moments. Oh how I will miss this place when I finally (and hopefully) graduate on April this year.

I expect myself to have a long list of thank yous and an overly sentimental write-up on my graduation when April comes. That is if I graduate. But I would like to think I'll finally be finishing school this semester. Oh UP, look what you've done to me.

Photo: Sunken Garden of UP Diliman (Source:
www.panoramio.com)

No comments: