I like going to booksale stores even if I don't have money these days. My sister too. Though books are really more of her thing since she's majoring in library and information science. I'm not really a book-hunter but I like booksales. Here are a number of reasons why I think they're cool places.
1. You can buy books in booksales for reasonable and, often times, low prices. That's what booksales are for. You're even luckier if a book you're really interested in would be on super sale. Literally instant happiness just by that.
2. Book sales encourage people to read second-hand books. Second-hand books are books that have been pre-loved. Buying second hand books is helpful for the environment as paper is saved somehow. Going to booksales to find new titles to read can be your own little way of lending out a had to Mother Nature.
3. You can find rare books in booksales. Especially those books which aren't published anymore. You have a bigger chance of finding interesting titles in booksales as there is a big variation of genres and titles.
4. Going to booksales is simply fun. You can just check out the books they have in their shelves or read some snippets of an old cookbook. Entering the door itself an smelling the scent of books that have already been read feels good already.
5. You sort of feel a connection with the previous owners of the books you buy on booksales. What were they feeling while reading the book? Did they enjoy it as much as you did? Did they feel sad as much as you did? Did they got hooked in the story as much as you did? You'll never feel this when you buy a brand new book.
6. There's a better chance that you'll see a good-natured cutie in a place such as a booksale than a bar. The possibility that the cutie you see browsing on the titles in a booksale has some functional gray matter in his cranium than a cutie but boozie-lover in a drinking place.
Personally, what I check out in booksales are the geography-related books: travel, places, people, landform photography and some old titles published by National Geographic. Sometimes I go see the arts and crafts books Why don't you check out the nearest booksale or second-hand bookstore in your place one of these days? Perhaps you'll find your next favorite book there.