Sunday, July 17, 2016

The view

Bonifacio Global City Taguig Art StreetArt Woman Chill Millenial Street Art Coffee Bean Tea Leaf Bistro Lazy Sunday Artworks Paintings Philippines Asia Travel

This is a view from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Bistro in 26th Street of Bonifacio Global City. A few months ago I sat in this coffee shop staring at the exact, same view after I got rejected for the nth time in firm internship applications. 

Rejection and failing are not new to me, but I have to admit they hurt and frustrate me everytime. It is as if a scar that healed would open up again and again. It was my fault for applying only for the firms I wanted (very few), and not broadened my selection or maybe there were other factors.

Maybe I did not have enough connections? 

Or maybe I was just not good enough? 

Who knows! 

But now a few months later, I found myself in the same coffee shop to rest from a tireful day of walking. It then occurred to me that I'm done with internship already! I may not have entered the corporate firms I initially wanted, but I was able to have an unforgettable time doing it with an environmental organization in Palawan. 

I'll just try out for those firms next time, but I'm honestly over the entire situation already. 

Maybe I'll be luckier in other aspects of life starting this year? Hopefully! Let's hope that the stars would be a bit kinder to this young man over here. Now I look at this view of the city in a positive light.