Tuesday, April 4, 2017

The final chapters of law school

De La Salle University De La Salle University Manila De La Salle University Law School De La Salle University College Of Law DLSU Law DLSU Law School BGC Bonifacio Global City Building The Fort

To be completely honest, I'm simply looking forward to getting out of this Juris Doctor degree alive, and having my chill and relaxed self back. A year, or two, left before I scram off and be a backpacking geographer again. But on the positive note, my father was completely right - La Salle was where my "luck" was all along. I gained some genuine friends here, and have learned so much stuff that the University of the Philippines never taught me despite being there for most of my life. I just hope I survive the next and final chapters of this journey because as much as I hate it, I know I'll regret not finishing it. As a popular quote goes, "It's difficult to follow your dream, but it's a tragedy not to." Though being a lawyer isn't the biggest dream of mine, it's the one that I put the most time into. It would be nice to have a happy ending waiting, after all this.